Excursions to medieval Vianden
Nearby Vianden offers a whole spectrum of activities for young and old. A very popular attraction is the castle – one on Europe’s most important historic monuments. The medieval old town and the Victor Hugo Museum are also well worth a visit.
Vianden is also home to Luxembourg’s only chairlift. The journey gives you spectacular views over the Our calley. The town also features an impressive cultural programme and regular markets.
Diekirch, Clervaux and Bitburg
These three towns are only 20 km away and offer further highlights:
- Clervaux: Clervaux Castle, Clervaux Abbey, golf course, “Family of Man” etc.
- Diekirch: canoe hire, military museum, car and beer museums, swimming pool etc.
- Bitburg: Eifel Zoo, “Cascade” Adventure Pool
Should you wish to explore the region further, we can recommend:
- Stolzembourg Copper Mine,
- Hosingen Adventure Pool with a range of sports options
- Vianden Adventure Park
- Stolzembourg pumped hydroelectric power plant with visitors’ gallery
Fancy discovering all theses sights? Book now!